Monday, November 1, 2010

Colored Pumpkins

This idea came from a previous post - it was Sweet Paul's idea to paint pumpkins instead of carving them. "What a great idea," I thought. Well, it was fun to paint them, however, it took a long time. A pumpkin needs several layers of acrylic paint to become opaque, and I had to keep flipping them on their sides and painting small portions at a time so that the wet portion didn't touch the table. Also, the paint is very sensitive and easily chips. So be careful if you choose to do this or else you will find yourself finger painting every hour because you nudged them... again.

I chose to paint my pumpkins some of the same colors on my mom's paintings. You can see these abstract paintings in the background of one of the pictures below. I love striking contrast. So these pumpkins on top of my black table sit well with my soul.



No comments: