Saturday, November 20, 2010

New Project: Chair Upholstery


Since I finished my door tables, I have been itching for a new project. For the past couple weeks I have been on the lookout for a good furniture project. Tonight I found one. I was watching some of Etsy's video podcasts and came across a video showcase on Spruce Home in Austin, Texas. (Why are all the coolest artists in Austin??) These girls run their own upholstery shop. They take old dumpster-ready furniture and revive it to the coolest standards. I love their stuff! So, here I am, stating to the world (or maybe my DH who is the only viewer), I am going to take on a project just like this. I am going to find an old chair and blog my way through reupholstering it. This should be comical.

Check out Spruce Home's video below (created by Etsy), and if you are ever bored and need some creative inspiration, check out Etsy's videos.

2 comments:

Liz Chapman said...

I have been wanting to do the SAME thing. I have these chairs that are in desparate need of a revival. Can you PLEASE reupholster a chair so that I can see how you do it. Ikea has some great cheap fabrics.

Rose Ector said...

Bravo! I salute these girls for doing an amazing job in upholstering the furniture. And I can easily spot their personalities based on the designs. Great job, girls! Keep it up!